StudyMate provides educational games to help students master learning objectives. Activities such as flash cards, crosswords and quizzes can help engage students with course content in an individualized way. You can publish these activities to your Canvas course or to StudyMate.com.
There are two versions of StudyMate:
- StudyMate Author: a Windows program that allows you to create StudyMate activities in your computer.
- StudyMate Class: allows you to create StudyMate activities as a module item or assignment within Canvas. With StudyMate Class, students can contribute practice items to the activities you create or create their own activities for individual practice.
To start using StudyMate Author, click the download button below. You will be prompted to enter your FIU username and password. StudyMate will ask for license information the first time you open the program. The page you will see after you sign in has all the information you will need.
To start using StudyMate Class, you have to determine whether you want to create graded or ungraded activities.
- Importing Questions or Items with StudyMate Author
- Using Publisher Test Banks with StudyMate Author
- Using StudyMate Author Projects in StudyMate Class
StudyMate Author System Requirements
- Windows XP or higher
- 32 MB RAM minimum
- 10 MB of free hard disk space for program files
- 800x600 minimum (1024x768 recommended)
- StudyMate activities require Flash Player 7.0 or higher