Respondus LockDown Browser is a custom browser that prevents students from going to other URLs, switching applications, taking screenshots, copying questions or printing during an assessment in Canvas. Read more about the features that help minimize cheating in online exams.
- Create a practice quiz, so students can test LockDown Browser before they have to complete an official course test. Leave it open for the duration of the course, with unlimited attempts, so they may return to it in case they want to ensure other computers they may use to complete tests are compatible with LockDown Browser.
- Direct the students to download and install Respondus LockDown Browser in order to take tests that require it.
- You may also download it to test how it works. Make sure your computer meets the system requirements.
No password is required to install LockDown Browser.
LockDown Browser Video Tutorials
- LockDown Browser Dashboard will not open
- "Please wait" message after saving settings
- Problem with LockDown Browser settings
- Request to fix the exam settings failed
- Accessing external websites in LockDown Browser