NBC Learn is a repository of video, images and digital copies of primary source documents dating back to the 1920's.
The repository includes materials from programs such as NBC Nightly News, the TODAY show, Meet the Press, Dateline NBC, as well as the networks of MSNBC, CNBC, and Telemundo covering a wide range of subjects.
You can embed specific videos in your course, or make the repository available to students for research. The videos are available online of for offline use.
You have two options to start using NBC Learn:
- Email an NBC Learn representative at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your course syllabus/learning objectives. Your representative will return your file with links to the appropriate videos within a week.
- Log in to Canvas to access NBC Learn and search for videos from within any of your courses.
To use NBC Learn outside of Canvas, visit the NBC Learn website, click on the "Sign In" button on the top right of the screen and choose the Institution Login tab. Type "Florida International University" in the textbox. That will bring you to FIU's login screen, where you can sign in with your FIU credentials.
Please, note that these two services are not connected. For example, if you create playlists on the website, they will not appear in NBC Learn on your Canvas course.
There are several ways you can use NBC Learn in Canvas:
- Add NBC Learn to your Course Menu
- On the course settings, add the "Browse NBC" link to the navigation:
- Add NBC Learn as an item in a module
- Add the repository as a link within a specific module:
- Embed NBC Learn content
- Add directly to announcements, assignments, discussions, pages, and quizzes using the Canvas Rich Content Editor:
Explore NBC Learn Features